Monday, May 9, 2011

Onions do not make me cry.

I would like to announce that I am officially a grown-up! Is it childish to say  "grown up" or should I say adult? Just recently, I came to the realization that I had an unfair prejudice towards onions. I assumed that I hated onions because they looked and smelled disgusting. When I thought of onions, I would only think of a gross, crunchy interruption to a perfectly fine hamburger. For example, I remember finding the unpleasant surprise of crunchy little magot-looking onions in my McDonald's Happy Meal. That was my impression of onions: a cruncy little magot-looking slump of grossness. But, I was wrong! Onions are not disgusting; in fact, they are quite delicious. Onions just have to be cooked and smothered in butter, sugar, and olive oil. If I would of known that onions could taste like that, then I would have never been so judgmental towards them. Also, I am almost to the point where I can eat tomatoes (if they are smothered in some type of delicious sauce, of course). But, I will never, ever, E V E R change my mind about mushrooms or olives. Ewwwwww....I cannot even think about them. They look and taste exactly like beetles. But onions? Nope, not disgusting at all. I'm an adult; therefore, I can eat onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment