Monday, May 9, 2011

One-Piece Swimsuit?


Can somebody please explain to me how these swimsuits fall into the "One-Piece" category? I don't know about you guys, but I seriously burst out laughing when I saw these. I mean...are you kidding me?! I guess it is a one piece because it's all connected in one piece, but why are the sides cut out? How is this fashion? I am flabbergasted. I told myself that someday we will have a teenage girl and want her to wear modest swimsuits; however, what if this is how they define modesty? Ri-dic-u-lous.

Along that note, I'm a strong advocate for the whole "Modest is Hottest" idea. I feel modesty reflects virtue and integrity; however, let's not go too far with this. There are two types of modesty: cute and wholesome modesty or just plain hideous modesty. Look at the picture to your right. Please try not to throw up. I found this picture after googling "modest swimsuits." This is probably the ugliest article of clothing I have ever seen in my life. This is beyond modesty. It is just creepy. What do you think is more repulsive? The scandalous so-called one piece as discussed about above or the freaky alien swimsuit as seen to the right? Definitely a toss up, right?



Here is a swimsuit that I think is cute. I would say it is the happy medium between the whore-ish (sorry, but they are!) swimsuits as spoken about first and the repulsive try-not-to-throw-up swimsuit as spoken of second. This one is cute, stylish, modest, and pink. I really want it. However, it is like $100. So, I will never have it. Sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment